Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lucky me

I have to share my luck with applying for a passport at the post office the other day.

I went down there at 12:45 on Friday, but ended up having to leave for a meeting at 1:30.

My meeting finished earlier than expected, at 3:45, and I quickly hopped in the car and raced back to the post office, knowing that the passport office closes at 4:00.

I got there and they had already taken away the "take-a-number" stand. They would only serve people who had a number.

Then, one of two women still waiting for a passport pointed out that a number had been dropped on the ground. Apparently someone took one and then decided to leave.

Holding that number got me in as the last passport application of the day!

The guy handling applications was extremely nice, and gave me a document to show that I'm in the process of applying so I wouldn't have to pay the extra $60 to expedite the passport.

Lucky me.

No comments: