Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bridge-Linguatec Online TEFL Course

I just finished the first module of thirteen for my online TEFL through Bridge-Linguatec and, thus far, I'm very happy I made the choice I did. Instructions were clear and, as I suspected upon looking through the website, the interface was simple and visually appealing. I plan to complete a module a week, which should be doable even with work and school if I allocate some time to the course on the weekends.

The module 1 test was fairly simple, but I assume that difficulty will increase as I advance through the course. I felt that the two required essays were very worthwhile. They actually got me thinking about how I want to structure my lesson plans and what type of teacher I'll be. I have yet to hear back from my tutor regarding my essays, since I submitted them late last night, but she has been prompt and helpful in her responses to my e-mail queries.

Also, Bridge-Linguatec just added videos to the course that I have yet to watch but am excited to see. I'll report after module 2 to let you know whether or not they prove useful.

No comments: