Friday, June 1, 2007

Quito

My husband and I are now planning to go to Quito, Ecuador. The cost of living is among the lowest in Latin America and we've read and heard many times that it wouldn't be hard for both of us to get English-teaching positions there. The climate doesn't look to be nearly was hot as I initially assumed. I suppose the high elevation cancels out the proximity to the equator to some degree. I still haven't received my passport, which I applied for back in March so I recommend that anyone considering traveling outside the States get his or her passport ASAP. Estimated date of departure is sometime in October. I'm finding that I can get round-trip plane tickets for around $60o and am hoping that we can use our $400 Delta vouchers outside the U.S. We'll see...

No comments: